Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!




Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from Jackie and me (Kim).  Wishing you an enjoyable day with family and friends.  This is the first year in a very long time that I am not cooking a traditional meal.  Jackie and her family had their Thanksgiving meal this past weekend with family who came from out of town for a visit.

So, between house cleaning and Jackie helping me clean up the dining room (which is our sewing room).  I made two t-shirt pillows for my sister as a gift for someone at her school.  Here's hoping that the recipient will love her pillows.  What do you think?

      

University of SC - Gamecock t-shirt pillow

     

North Charleston Elementary School t-shirt pillow

Yes, that is a small Christmas tree in the background.  I wanted to share the back with you because it is a new technique for me from one of my favorite blogs, Sew Mama Sew.  Click here to see the "Add a Zipper to Your Pillow" tutorial.  See the black with with white dots on the back of the pillow?  It is a flap to cover a zipper, yes a zipper.  Try this you will amaze your self and it is sew easy.   Precious, you know.

Again, Thanksgiving blessings to you and thank you for your support.  Special thanks to Sew Mama Sew for the tutorial - first time I have ever worked with a zipper that was so easy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure to include your email information. Thank you for leaving a comment.