Sunday, November 3, 2013

Challenged.

This past week was busy completing a quilt for the Modern Quilt Challenge issued by our local quilt shop - People, Places and Quilts.  The shop provided fabric for 12 blocks, which we completed back in July (see our July 28, 2013 blog). The quilts were due to the shop yesterday.

Last Sunday, Jackie completed her quilt top and Monday we basted it to the back.  It's not finished, but I can not wait to share it with you when it is done.  I think she did a great job with the setting, but you will have to wait and see.

Sunflowers was delivered for Friday for judging and I am not sure how many members of the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild did this challenge.  But here is my quilt:


So I decided to applique all over my blocks.  I drew the flowers and leaves, which are fused onto the blocks and stitched around each shape with a blanket stitch.  This quilt was quilted on my Viking Quilt Designer (a home machine).  It's not the greatest quilting job, but it turned out better than I expected.  The binding is a plaid fabric that I wanted to use, and it is the only print fabric in this quilt.

Let's just say, I am so very happy that this quilt is completed and now onto more t-shirt quilts.  We picked up two quilts from Kathy Kreations today, so this upcoming week we will be sewing bindings.

2 comments:

Make sure to include your email information. Thank you for leaving a comment.