Monday, October 21, 2013

How time flies when you are busy.

We have been busy making a t-shirt quilt, and taking a class with Becky Goldsmith of Piece O' Cake.  She is an amazing teacher and if you want to know more about applique, check her out.  Their website offers tutorials and products.

 Look, me and Becky Goldsmith after class.  No, I did not gush all over her, but I love the patterns and fabric lines from Piece O' Cake.  I am thankful to the Palmetto Quilt Guild in Hilton Head for hosting her this past weekend.  Don't you love taking classes and learning new techniques.  It doesn't hurt to have some shopping time with the items Becky brought with her and a local quilt shop in Hilton Head.  These are a few of the quilts shown during her lecture.  Yes, I purchase the pattern for the brown quilt below.  It's now on the list of upcoming future projects.  The best part will be collecting fabric to be used in my quilt.  Who knows when this project will get started.  But, it is on the list.



So here is the latest t-shirt quilt top just finished today.  It will go to the long arm quilter this week.  This quilt is being made for a friend.  I love the red and teal combination.  What do you think?  Do you think our client will like it or LOVE it?

McLane Quilt

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this! That grid pattern is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure to include your email information. Thank you for leaving a comment.