Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Herringbone & Granny Square quilt blocks

Jackie and I are members of the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild.  This year we are participating in a block swap.  Jackie and I have been assigned August & October 2013, so we have a lot of time to figure out what kind of blocks will be made for us.  Yesterday we had Veterans Day off from work, so we had a sewing day to make our blocks and wanted to share them with you.  We would like to thank the men and women in the Military Service and your families for all that you do to keep us safe.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.


Our first block is a Herringbone pattern for Kelly-which I made 2 times now.  I had problems cutting the left side of this block correctly.  The ruler slipped, that's the story I am sticking to.





Our second block is a Granny Square for Tamie.  Jackie made the pink/teal block and Kim made the gray/yellow block.  Of course they still need to be squared up to a finished size by the new owner.


We will keep you posted of our future efforts...

3 comments:

  1. Good looking blocks, ladies!! I still have to start my block for Tamie. This is a fun project. And Kim, you're Sept 2013 because I'm October. . .
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoebe, Thanks for all of your help with our blog. I think I want October-I may need the extra month to decide which block to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I am so proud of you two. Can I follow you guys on something other than google. I don't use that account much, how about facebook? This is a great idea. Congratulations and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure to include your email information. Thank you for leaving a comment.